Hi, I’m Lisa!
I’m a spirited marketer and lively PR gal by day, and an old-soul homebody by night. A few tidbits about me:
- I have the most wonderful family and friends. Recently engaged, my fiancé and our goldendoodle pup, Charlie, are my life.
- While born and raised in Florida – and a current Jupiter resident – my soul thrives in the desert (holla, AZ!).
- I am a sports fanatic – college football, specifically. Go Gators!
- I love food. Like, really love it. I do my best to eat healthy, balanced meals, but will never say no to a good chocolate chip cookie.
- I actually enjoy exercise.
- I live to create and develop meaningful relationships with others.
- I love traveling, meeting new people and going on adventures, but I also thrive from routine … most likely due to the fact that I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder at the age of 19.
Since then, I’ve tried going to therapy, Googling treatments like crazy, taking prescription medications, going on too many diets, over-exercising, attempting to meditate … Basically, I’ve tried everything I could think of to kick my anxiety and panic attacks to the curb.
Now, at 27 years old, I can proudly say that – while my anxiety will always be a part of who I am – I’ve finally found peace of mind (well, for the most part!).
While I am not a mental health professional, I created this blog as an outlet for my good days and my bad days, and also, to hopefully be a resource for others living with the anxiety bug.